Thursday, December 14, 2006

1) Pre-planning before embarkation

Just when I think beginning on the Maple Story quest was a piece of cake, I was WRONG! I escaped my first hurdle of downloading that HUGE installation file but getting the setup file from Pascoaman.... sad to say only to realise that this file was of the old version and it took me almost 30 minutes just to patch it up to the latest version - almost equivalent to the actual download time via broadband.

Just like any corporate sector meeting, there also needs to be PRE-PLANNING in MS. Basically, in order to play this game more effectively, one has to preselect what "career path" he/she would wish to embark on. In our real world, we are talking about occupations such as Engineer, Doctor, Lawyer, Businessman...etc. In a child's Maple world, we are talking about job advancements - WARRIOR, THIEF, BOWMAN and MAGICIAN.

Preselecting occupations in life is important so that one will know what subjects to take and focus on in JC, Poly and Universities. Similarly, preselecting job advancements in MS determines what kind of statistics you would want to have. Example: Warrior must have high statistics in STRENGTH.

For me, I have always been inspired by LEGOLAS (from Lord of the Rings) - so suave and handsome espacially when blazing those arrows! Thus I wanted to be a bowman like him. Luckily, it took me a mere 10 minutes to generate statistics high in Dexterity (for Bowman).. heard from others than usually this step can easily take up to an hour or more!

Check out my NEWBIE character - RotiAhCek!

So cute right?!?!? Watch out snails and mushrooms.. Here I come!!!

No comments: