Monday, December 25, 2006

6) Milestones - Lvl 20


Milestones are great motivators in life. It gives people something to focus on in the short to medium term. So it is with Maple Story. Someone guru (teenager of course) told me to level up to 20 and then ask him for the next step.

So I did, putting in an average of about an hour a day, always mindful not to get addicted (why, it would be a disaster if me, of all people, got hooked!) Yet I threw myself to the task, realising that this may well be the research material that I need to amass for the next module in our training curriculum.

I now sport an american football helmet, an awesome mace that delivers great damage when I hit the monsters, an of course some decent armour.

Check out my statistics too. My strength is now 58 (after some mistakes in allocation initially). My dexterity is 24.

I've acquired some awesome warrior skills and can take on stronger monsters. I'll show 9another day) you the irritating tree stumps that I used to fear. Now I "own them"!

Take a look at the chart. A total of 22 hours played to reach level 20. (I have no idea whether that's fast or slow, but it certainly could have been a few hours shorter had I not gone on the quests).

So it's back to blogging about some of the experiences for now. I'll be writing about "scamming", and "kill stealing", also about the "trading fame" syndrome.

For now, it's back to bed!

No comments: