Tuesday, December 19, 2006

5) Farming - A Great Way to Level Up Quickly

After beginning on my MS journey, I realise that this was one additional topic which I could engage youths with. Previously, I was a MS immigrant, totally knowing nothing about it and always seem like an "outcast" and being ostracized from the discussion. Now, despite still being a newbie in MS, I was slowly becoming an MS native. Now I can understand the lingos and terms used by these youths. In return, I seek advice and hear from them how to make progress for my MS character!

A youth (Level 123 in MS) told me, "Go and farm lah! Level up very fast one!"

He showed me this place in Victoria Island where there were almost like enemy hotspot! Thousands of snails, mushrooms, bubble slimes are there and they just keep spawning out more and more. Seemingly dangerous, yet this MS guru told me that this was the best place to "train" my character and level up quickly.

So for the next 1 hour, I stayed put in this lucrative spot and just went around slashing away at any monsters. True enough! I went from Level 10 to Level 15 in this one hour! And no sweat man! And not to mention the greater chance of achieving rare items too.. Check out my Red Valentine's Rose!

Analysis

  1. The key for me within this one hour was to become more powerful i.e. being highly efficient within a specific time frame. Isn't that similar to our real world work? Where we are constantly striving for efficiency and our value is determined by how effective we are?
  2. I can slowly begin to identify with why youths are so drawn and refuse to stop playing this game even if it can be quite "kiddish". Someone whom is an underachiever in the real world will easily be sucked in because he/she can easily gain that achievement in the virtual world!
  3. Nobody in the real world, but Somebody in the virtual world! From a youth's perspective, where do we think he/she would prefer?

No comments: