Tuesday, December 26, 2006

7) Kill Stealing

Kill stealing is a frequently-encountered behaviour in Maple Story.

Someone is busy slashing a particular monster (until they are almost done) and another person comes along the way and deals the finishing blow.

He who deals the finishing blow gets all the experience points (EXP) and the reward ($$) that comes with it. In a nutshell, "kill stealing" is simply profiteering from another person's hard work, "stealing credit", whatever else you may call it.

I experienced it first hand when I was bullied by a stronger Maple Story character. I was level 19 and he was level 27. In fact, he had a party that was hunting with him.

"ks warrior ok?" - Read Kill-Steal warrior (me) - he was beckoning to his party member.

Whenever I started on a monster, he would follow behind me and cast a spell from a distance and claim all the spoils of war! What lousy behaviour!

And what could I do about it? Absolutely nothing! Unless I come back stronger and bully him in return.

Whoever said you'll be free from bullies if you do not go out?

Comment
Questionable behaviour exist online and offline, in fact with the nature of the internet, bad behaviour can be multiplied many ways. What I just described was provocation, bullying and taunting all rolled into one.

No comments: