Friday, December 15, 2006

4) Becoming a Bowman

Check out my new look after the job advance at Level 10! Well, I may not be anywhere near my dream hero Legolas, but at least I have gotten a decent bow. Not yet a Legolas, but somewhat look like Robin Hood!

There was a great sense of satisfaction after that, similarly comparable to a promotion at workplace. Now with newly empowered skills and weapons, I have a wider array of attacking moves to showcase. I don't need to do close contact combat of slashings anymore. Now, I can just stand from afar and shoot arrows, then proudly striding forward to claim my rewards.

With each levelling up, my bow skills get enhanced, meaning I take lesser shots to kill a similar monster. Those slime bubble monsters, hard-to-kill green mushrooms, which I used to struggle in killing... now I snub them and can easily crush them with two shots of my powerful bow and arrows! Quote from Pascoaman, now I OWN THEM!

Analysis

The thrill of carrying on the game was dying down until I got the job advance. Now with those new skills, weapons and armour which gave me a new look, my motivation to playing the game was renewed! I was curious to find out more about my newly empowered skills, to explore other territories in Maple Island and to gain a higher level so I can use more powerful equipments!

Addiction doesn't just kick in out of nothing. It all began with curiosity!

No comments: