Tuesday, December 19, 2006

5) Multitasking

This chair is one of the most useful things in Maple Story if anyone wants to multi-task. It basically allows a person to recover Health Points (HP) at a faster rate.

This is how it works. Every character has a certain number of HP and this will deteriorate when enemies hits you. If the HP goes down to zero, then a character will die (temporarily) and lose some time (and points) in the game.

Yet of I go rest somewhere before I run out of HP, I will automatically gain back HP with time. When I sit on the chair however, the rate of restoration increases (in this case, I recover 50HP every 30 sec).

Implication: I could play Maple Story and other things at the same time. Whenever I needed to recover some HP, I would sit on the chair (in game) and go off to do some of my other real-life tasks while the HP recovers. In fact, I got to do some serious laundry in between my "rests" while levelling up.

So this allows a person to "economise" on his time. While outwardly a person may seem to be doing worthwhile work (e.g. homework), in reality his main attention could really be levelling up his character.

Remark
  1. For me to research MS while keeping up with my real life, this is pretty useful.
  2. Yet for the kids to be keeping up with real life while focusing on MS, this is really useful too.
  3. The difference is, which is the priority in life. Is one more obsessed with the game character or his real-life self?

No comments: